This vessel, designated ST-253 is a purpose built ROV Survey Vessel designed
by Skipsteknisk AS. The vessel is specially designed for operation under
severe weather conditions and with high manoeuvrability and station keeping
The vessel will be outfitted and prepared for the following duties:
• ROV operations like pipeline/route surveys.
• Sub-see installation works
• Geo-technical surveys
• Light construction works.
• Crane operations.
MAIN CHARACTERISTICS :
Length over all : 85.3 m
Length between p.p. : 75.00 m
Breadth moulded : 18.00 m
Depth to main deck : 9.10 m
Max draft approx. : 6.80 m
DWT at SWL/6,8m : approx. 2200 tons
Deck area aft of hangar : 650 m²
TANK CAPACITIES :
Water ballast : approx. 2200 m³
Fuel oil : approx. 1100 m³
Potable water : approx. 430 m³
ANTI-ROLLING TANKS :
Three passive anti-rolling tanks.
DnV +1A1, SF, E0, DYNPOS AUTR, CLEAN , COMF-C3-V3, HELDK-SH, NAUT
OSV (A), DK(+), ICE-C
Max speed at 6,0 m draft approx. : 16,0 knots
Service speed at 6,0m draft approx.: 14,0 knots
• Accommodation in total:
• 62 men in single and double cabins
• Mess room with self serving area
• 2 lounges
• Meeting rooms, offices etc. on various decks
• Online room
• Offline rom
• Helideck reception area
MAIN PROPULSION SYSTEM :
• Diesel electric propulsion plant.
• Two azimuth thrusters for main propulsion, output of 2,2 MW each, ø2800mm.
POWER GENERATING PLANT :
• 4 x 1901 kW diesel generator sets, 1800 rpm
• 1 x 465 kW diesel generator set, 1800 rpm
• Selective Catalytic Reducers (SCR) installed (NOx reduction)
• Emergency generator as per class
TUNNEL THRUSTERS/ AZIMUTH :
• Two electric driven tunnel thruster in bow, each 1150 kW, ø 2200mm
• One retractable azimuth thruster in bow, 1400 kW, ø 2300mm
Helideck for Sikorsky S-92.
Rules: CAA CAP437
MAIN CRANE :
• AHC Offshore crane as per “Red book” regulations
• Max lif capacity: 70t/11m
• Max outreach: 25t at 25m
• Wire length: 2000m
• Hook speed fully loaded: 0-30m/min
• Hook speed light load: 0-50m/min
• Aux. winch: 10t/25m. Wire length: 400m
• Tugger winches: 2 x 5t. Wire length: 70m
DECK EQUIPMENT :
• 2 aux. cranes, 1.5t/10.3m
• 1 tuggerwinch, 10 t
• 2 capstans, each 10 t
• 1 crane for provision handling, 1t/15m
• Work ROV in separate hangar with over the side launching system.
• ROV workshop and maintenance area.
NAVIGATION AND RADIO COMMUNICATION :
Equipment according to GMDSS regulations, Area 3 and Naut OSV notation.
SAM-Atlas integrated bridge system
• Two radars, Three Gyro Compasses
• Auto pilot, DGPS
• Electronic Chart system (ECDIS)
• 2 x Seapath 200
• Calling, Command, Teleph.System +CCTV
DYNAMIC POSITIONING SYSTEM :
• Triple redundant Dynamic Positioning System (AUTR/DP2)
• 3 x operator stations
• 2 HiPAP 500 units
• 2 DGPS
• Laser fan beam
• Radius Kongsberg
• 3 x MRU 5 w/voting
• 3 x Wind sensors w/voting
SAFETY EQUIPMENT :
• Fast Rescue Craft (FRC) MP 741.
• According to SOLAS for the specified class and number of crew.
Vessel will be open beginning of December.
The above data is believed to be accurate but not guaranteed.